Monday, July 14, 2008

Potty Training

I got up this morning and decided it was time to potty train Emma. I only have three months until this baby comes and I just don't want to have two kids in diapers. I have pull-ups and I've done this before. I'm probably counting my chickens LONG before they hatch but Emma has already successfully "pooped" in the big potty today (she has peed in the toilet before but that was her first time pooping in it) and her pull up has remained dry. I told her we would all go to get her princess underwear for FHE. The boys will be so excited I'm sure! I had to promise them a stop at the library and Arctic Circle to get them even remotely interested in the whole potty training Emma gig. Like I said it has only been 3 or 4 hours but we seem to be starting out pretty well. I'm sure I just cursed myself!

6 comments:

Lindz said...

Woohoo....GO EMMA!!! =) Depending on how successful you are Marci, I may try with Ayden because 2 kids in diapers is killing me!! =) Oh and the fact that Ayden took his poopy diaper off yesterday and then went and sat on his bed....you can imagine...poop ALL OVER the sheets!! Good luck...can't wait to hear how it goes!

Becky said...

Good luck potty training can be rough! I love the FHE plan. I am sure the boys loved it. lol

gwen said...

Well--I remember going through potty training 5 times--but I don't know how I did it. It seems like an almost impossible task. Wait long enough and they train themselves !! (that's a theory some people have at least!) Good luck and happy times! Keep a journal!

Unknown said...

we are in the same boat. Yeah for a diaper break! HOw are you feeling? I hope you are doing well. I am sure you are hot as ever, nothin' like summer pregnancy. Can't wait to see the new Bargeron addition.

cragun family said...

apparently potty training has you captivated! Where are you? j/k. How is it going though? I took Resse to 6 star the other day and loaded up on prizes. Which, by the way has been fab, because the boys really encourage her to go potty too know, cause some of her toys 'she chose', have brotherly influence and fun tied to them. So if I forget to remind her, Porter is sure to remember!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

I've been out of the blogging world for awhile, just busy. I also couldn't find your blog. I just read your May post! OMG! Congratulations! How exciting! I've e-mailed you, but I haven't heard anything from you. Like, what happened to Disneyland in June? How the heck are you? Since you're due in Oct., do you know what you're having? Also, good job Emma! I hate potty training! It really is an accomplishment when it's done!