Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Big Girl Bed

So a week ago Emma got out of her crib during her nap time. At first I thought it was a fluke thing. I went in and sat in the rocker and pretended that I was asleep so I could watch how she did it. After two seconds she was out of that darn crib AGAIN! I really didn't want her to be in a big girl bed. I thought for sure she wouldn't stay in it. Finally, after a week of no naps I gave up and put our trundle bed in her room. She takes her naps just fine so far. (knock on wood) She won't get out of her crib when it is dark, so I left her crib in the room. She sometimes wake up at night but we just let her cry herself back to sleep and I'm afraid if she can get out of her bed she'll stay awake. So she sleeps in her big girl bed for naps and her crib at night. Here is the problem. The trundle bed is up against the wall that the closet is on so we can't use the closet. I moved her rocker over in front of her dresser which means I have to move the rocker anytime I need to get clothes out of it. There is a tiny little walking space in the middle of the crib and bed so she can still get her books from the bookcase. I'll have to post a picture just so you can see the madness that is Emma's room. By the way...Lindsay you were right.

1 comment:

Lindz said...

I TOLD YOU!!! =) Trust me, I was worried about it like you were! But it sounds like you just need to get that crib out of there to make room for the big bed! I'm sure at night she will stay in bed...even if she wakes up because she won't be able to see!! Just make sure you don't give her a night light! =) Good luck...try it tomorrow night! Good job Emma!!