Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What to do with all that zucchini?

I'm not a great cook. I just wanted to share this recipe that I got from my neighbor. My kids LOVE these. This recipe will help you use up all that zucchini that you don't know what to do with. I put a little less cheese in when I make them. I also form them into little patties rather than balls. Just a tip...grate your zucchini and freeze it so you can make these later. Andrew ate four of them tonight.

Zucchini Patties
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes

2 cups grated zucchini 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup chopped onion salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup all purpose flour 2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients except the oil. Stir well enough to distribute ingredients evenly.
2. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls, and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden.
*Serve with tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce or a dab of sour cream on top.

Enjoy! We did.


5 comments:

Celia said...

WOW! Those look really good. I can't wait to try that recipe as soon as my zucchini get big enough to pick. BTW, congrats for saying goodbye to the binky...my prayers go out to you ;)

sinika said...

Mmmm- those look tasty!

Lindz said...

Is that Valyn's recipe?? I think I have the same one....I made it once and they were really greasy....I like your idea to put less cheese. I am gonna try that next time!! :)

dennisandsong said...

Looks yummy! Our garden is burnt to a crisp here in the center of the sun, I mean VEGAS!!! Looks like you guys have had a fun summer! So wish we were neighbors, miss you!

gwen said...

Alas, we don't have a garden this year. I miss it! This recipe looks really good; maybe Krissy has an extra one in her garden so I can try it.