Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hair today, gone tomorrow...

This post is about hair. Emma was born with thick, dark hair. Everybody who saw her would comment on how nice and thick it was. Well we've been growing that hair for 5 1/2 years. We've invested money in trims every other month and $50 bottles of conditioner. It was one of those things that sort of defined Emma. That was until yesterday. Emma asked if she could cut her hair. I'll be honest, I wasn't happy about it. But she did it. She is still adorable but now she has a bit more sass. That's all we need!:)
Emma on Monday.
Emma's hair before the cut.
Here's the after.
She looks so much older to me. Sad :(

Just so you know we were able to donate 10+ inches to "Locks of Love" so someone else can enjoy Emma's hair as much as we have.

8 comments:

Lindz said...

She looks ABSOLUTELY adorable!!! I love the cut!! And I agree...she looks about 5 years older!! Now if only her hair was that short when she was a baby, maybe Ayden wouldn't have pulled it so much!! :)

Elena said...

And she looks adorable.

gwen said...

What a change! What a cute cut and cutie little girl! l

sinika said...

So cute! Ollie has been asking for a faux hawk because his best buds have them...

Kenzy said...

She looks sooo cute! I agree she does look older, but super cute!

Melissa said...

Wow, I know how hard that must have been for you. We did the same thing with Jada, she had long beautiful hair. She cut hers at about 8, it was such a hard day for me. However, I must admit, that Emma looks soooo cute with that cut!!

Becca said...

She looks so stinking cute! I love it.

Mrs. Misses said...

So cute! I miss you, my old friend!! You need to blog more so I can hear all about it. Or better yet, let's get together!!