Tuesday, August 30, 2011

And then there was one...

Well another summer has flown by and school has started. I love the forced routine of school days.
Andrew - 5th grade. Loves video/computer games, reading, legos, music and piano. Is the only one of my children who will eat whatever I make and not complain. Kind to his siblings/teases his siblings relentlessly (depends on his mood).

Jacob - 2nd grade. Loves sports, sports, sports. He'd rather play sports than eat. Skinny and quick. Has only lost a couple of teeth and is very bothered by this fact. Sweet as pie when he isn't being a stinker.

Emma - Kindergarten. What can I say about Emma. Loves her dolls, riding her bike, playing, art projects. Can bring lots of drama to situations. She was such a trooper when we took her to her first day of Kindergarten. No tears or drama. She's our only daughter and she is spoiled.

Zachary - Almost 3. Loves running, jumping, flipping, spinning, riding his bike/scooter, playing with any sort of ball. Working hard on listening. Wants to be just like his brothers and usually follows them everywhere. He's having a hard time with the other kids gone. He asks me every few minutes if Emma and the brothers are coming home yet.

Like I said... then there was one. I'm excited to have some quiet moments with just Zach. I used to look at other women and say "she is at such a good stage in her life", now I feel like that woman. There is a sense of joy in seeing your children grow and learn so many new things. It is so cliche, but time really does fly by. So here's to another school year!





7 comments:

sinika said...

Your kids are so cute. I'm liking the earlier bedtimes that school brings...

Melissa said...

Time really does fly! I can not believe how big your kids are. I am doing crossing guard at the lower round-about, and I see your boys every morning. They are so cute!!

Kenzy said...

They are SO BIG! I haven't checked you blog in awhile and it was so fun to see how much your kids have grown. Hope its a great school year.

The Kohler Family said...

I agree! It is nice having only one at home!

Lindz said...

Oh my gosh!! They are all getting so big! Looks like it is time for Baby Bargeron #5!! :)

Becca said...

Hey Marci - Found your blog through the Melissa's - I hope you don't mind if I read. :)

Are you sure Zachary is almost three?? It really seems like he should still be a baby....

Your kids look great! I love the excitement of a new school year.

gwen said...

Good to hear from you, Marci! I like the nice update and tribute to your kids! Enjoy your one-on-one with Zack! Time Really Does Fly!